Are you a fan of Sage Screen Printing Studio's graphic tees? Wondering how they're made? Well, don't worry, because today we're going to talk about three popular methods of printing graphics onto t-shirts: Screen printing, DTF, and DTG.
At Sage, we screen print, digitally print (DTG), and utilize heat applied products.
We believe that (at least so far), screen printing is the only method of apparel printing that still has a strong element of artistry involved. It takes an artistic person to properly screen print awesome artwork.
However, there are times when digital solutions are best and at Sage Screen Printing Studio, we do offer those options.
- Need a quick shirt for Bobby's 5th bday party. Digital is the way to go.
- Need 10 of a design with multiple colors. Digital might be the way to go.
- Need multiple prints that will weather the elements and last (dam near) forever, screen printing is by far the best option.
Here's a breakdown of the differences between these options:
- Involves using a stencil (or "screen") to apply ink onto the fabric.
- The stencil is made by exposing a design onto a mesh screen, which is then covered in ink and pressed onto the t-shirt.
- Great for large quantity printing and solid colors.
- Not ideal for printing detailed designs or photographs.
- Produces vibrant colors and a thick layer of ink, which can create a "raised" effect on the fabric.
- Uses a special printer to print designs onto a clear film.
- The printed film is then heat transferred onto the fabric.
- Allows for detailed designs and photographs to be printed.
- Produces vibrant colors and a soft, flexible print.
- Best for smaller quantity printing.
- Involves using a special printer to print designs directly onto the fabric.
- Allows for full color designs and photographs to be printed.
- Produces a soft, flexible print that blends well with the fabric.
- Best for small quantity printing and custom orders.
- Not ideal for printing large quantities or solid colors.
So, there you have it! But we don't expect you to come into a project knowing which method to use. Sage Screen Printing Studio's 5-star rated customer service experts will gather all of your information and guide you to the best solution for your project.